Sunday, August 29, 2010

“Brothers don’t shake hands… brothers gotta hug.” – Chris Farley, Tommy Boy

Last weekend my brother Sean and his girlfriend Dawn came into town to visit and to see our cousin Brandon’s wife Pam skate in what could be her last Roller Derby. I know, I know, Sean and Dawn, sounds like they live in a Dr. Suess book.

I’ve often contemplated taking the swing that it’s in our front yard down. It came with the house and who has a swing in their front yard anyway? We do. And everyone that comes to visit swings in this swing. I think it’s there to stay. Here’s my brother taking his turn.

001 002

We went to the Botanical Gardens and it was awesome. Hot, but awesome. Griff went to the garden a few weeks ago when his friends from B.R. came into town but I didn’t get to go so we thought it would be fun to take Sean and Dawn. Dawn is into photography and she likes to take pictures of flowers and butterflies so I thought she would really like it. But she forgot her camera at home. Figures.

005 007

Bamboo forests are cool! My feet were hot so I gave them a little dip in the cool stream.

011 012

Sean and Dawn. And brother-in-laws having fun.

013 014

The coy fish in the coy pond were HUGE!

016 017

Later that night we went to watch Pam play in her Roller Derby bout. She is the co-captin for the Holy Rollers and her name is Anita Confess. I love that name! Hysterical! Any way the pictures were hard to take cause they were skating so fast but here are few.

018 021

Silly cousins.

019

That’s Pam Anita Confess in the pig tails. She kept moving so it was hard to get a good shot.

029 030

She was ejected from the bout cause she gave high elbow to someone on the other team and sent the girl literally flying out of the ring. It was a-w-e-s-o-m-e! She was awesome.

It was a short trip but we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment