Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ryan's Slipery but Awesome Model Debut!

OK, by no stretch of the imagination am I any kind of a model, and that was proven last Thursday night when I made my model debut. {Just in case you didn’t see my previous post, I was asked to be in a bridal fashion show.} I was so excited but surprisingly a little nervous. The image of Carrie in her 5 inch stiletto’s busting her arce when she made her runway debut kept creeping into my head. “Please don’t fall, please don’t fall”

Thankfully I didn’t fall but I did slip… twice. The halter dress I was wearing, I call it the “Vegas Dress”, looked like something you’d wear to your Vegas themed wedding and totally not my style, was made of slippery satin, see thru beaded mid section and had a long train. When I got to the end of the runway, I mastered my best Tyra pose, {pause, arms on hips, shift hip right, shift hip left}, awesome, nailed it. Then I turned to strut my derriere back up the runway, when whoops… yup, I slipped. Awesome, first time on runway and I slip, fantastic. Amy, Han and Mom said they saw me bobble but that no one else noticed. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You guys are so sweet.

Slips aside I had a blast and would T-O-T-A-L-L-Y do it again. I mean how many people can say they were given the chance to walk "the runway"? Not many. Well, add one more to that list my friends cause this girl is takin' it all the way to Paris! {And yes, Han, you can be my assistant.}

Thank you Mom for driving up from Humble to see me. Thanks to Aunt Deborah for missing your Grey's night, Hannah too. Amy, Nick, Sarah and her friend Lisa just came for the free alcohol and cupcakes, kidding. And thanks to my awesome husband for missing his Judo class to see his wife strut her stuff down the catwalk.

2 comments:

  1. You look adorable. and although the dress isn't your style it could have been worse - you could have been asked to model that butt ugly dress on the cover of The Knot mag in your earlier post :P
    haha!
    Can't wait to see your mag article!! see you at Sambet's next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i in no way understand the use of adobe shadow until i motto this nation. thank you for this! that is deeply sociable. Awesome Wedding

    ReplyDelete