Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OK, so shoot me.

I'm an idiot. I forgot to bring my camera home with me this past weekend so I wasn't able to take any pictures of anything! Doh! So I will just have to give the play by play with no pics. Sorry.

Friday night I got into Humble around 8:00ish so I just hung out with the parentals and Charley girl. Since Mom and Dad lost their beloved Sonora last month the house just hasn't been the same since. So it was nice to have a doggy back in the house. Mom and Dad were impressed with Charley's mad ball skills and the fact that when you throw the ball she will stay when you tell her to. She doesn't like it but she will stay until you tell her to "go get it". They were also impressed that she will high five you; with both paws, and then both paws at the same time. We are working on "go to your bed" when gets into trouble or when we have thrown the ball like 900 times and are tired and don't want to play anymore. That girl is relentless!

So Saturday morning Mom and I ate a quick breakfast then started in on purging things from the house and getting ready for the garage sale next month. Mom and Dad have lived in the same house for 30 years so you can imagine how much stuff they have. But Mom and I did well and knocked out the hall closet, the dinning room and the laundry room. And while we purged what she didn't need we organized everything when putting it back. And if you know me at all you know I LOVE to organize. Seriously it gets my rocks off when I can organize anything. I love when there is a place for everything and everything is in it's place.

Sean and Sydney came over about 5:00, which was good because that was just about quittin' time for me and Mom. Whew! Sydney is so tall! She now comes up to about where my boobs are. Really? She's 5 for cryin' out loud. But like father like daughter I guess. Sean is 6'3 so it was inivitable that she would be tall. She has the longest legs and an even longer toursue. {I wonder if it's healthy to be jealous of a 5 year old.} But I digress. She wanted to play the Wi so we played Wi Resort, which if you haven't played it's a really fun game. You get to do all the things you would do if you were staying at a resort like, hand glidding, fishing, golf, wake boarding, and jet skiing. We played the jet ski game a lot and let me just tell you... my arms are sore. Sad, but true. You have to plug the nun-chuck remote into the Wi remote and hold both remotes on their sides like you would hold the handles of the jet ski. Sounds easy right? Well I guess since you don't have the actual handles to rest your hands on that you use more muscles just holding your arms out. YEOW! My arms are sore! Guess I need to add a few more pounds to my weights when I work out. Ugh.

So later Saturday night, after Sydney went to bed, I met up with some friends I haven't seen in a while. Todd and Pam picked me up and we headed to Norton's to hang out and watch the fight. If you don't know what fight I'm talking about see my post here about my boyfriend GSP. Jenny, Matt, Tiffany and her boyfriend Ronnie met up with us later and we had a great time. GSP won and kept his belt and I got to hang out with my friends, it was a great night. The only thing that could have made it better would be if my hubby had been there with me.

Speaking of my hubby, wondering what he did all weekend while "his girls" were out of town? Well after Judo on Friday night, Griff came home and gathered some things to go out to the Perd to meet some friends that were camping out there. {The Perd is short for Perdenalles, which is the river that feeds into Lake Travis. Since we have had so much rain lately there is actually water there unlike the last 2 summers.} Anyway, so Griff met up with our friends and they hung out into the wee hours of the morning I'm sure. Saturday morning Griff hitched a ride on our friends boat for a little wake board action. Unfortunatly since Griff knee still hasn't quite recovered from his surgery last year he didn't get to wake board. He did however get to kite board. Kite boarding is just what it sounds like, it's a kite that is attached to a wake board. Griff rode that for a while until he got the kite stuck in a tree. But no worries, monkey boy Kurtis, climmed right up that tree and untangled the kite for little Griffy.

Later that night, after leaving the Perd, instead of going out to watch the fights Griff ordered the fight at our house and just laid low. He was tired from all the late night partying the night before I'm sure.

All in all, it was a good weekend for all 3 of us. We have another jam packed weekend this weekend as we are heading to the ranch Friday night for the annual Easter Picnic. Well, the Easter festivities are actually starting on Thursday night with a bunch of my family coming to Austin for the night to have some tasty crawfish at my Aunt's restaurant Sambet's! Can't wait!! Aiiiiiiieeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment