Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I live with The Karate Kid.

I do have fond memories of the original movie The Karate Kid but when you live with Daniel Son it’s a little different. Like when he asks me to do things like “paint the fence” or “wax on, wax off”. I know he’s glad he doesn’t have to listen to Mr. Miyagi anymore and he finally gets to tell someone else to do these things, but come on! OK, all jokes aside. I don’t really get told these things but I do live with the Karate Kid.

Griff got his blue belt in Brazilian Ju Jitzu!! I am so proud of him! A blue belt can take anywhere from 6 months to 4 years to achieve, depending on athletic ability, with the norm being 2 years. Griff got his in only 16 months! And he achieved this all while recovering from his 2nd shoulder surgery! He is well on his way to reaching his goal of holding a black belt in 3 different martial arts! You don’t want to meet him in a dark alley, he might just "sweep the leg Johnny!".

SDC11674 SDC11673

No comments:

Post a Comment