Wednesday, May 5, 2010

1 room down, bout a million to go! Guest room #1.

OK, I feel a little better knowing that 1 room in our new house is done. Well as done as it’s gonna be unless I find something uber fantastic that I just can’t live without. Which might happen, I’m just sayin’.

So we have 2 guest rooms. I’m calling 1 room the “Audrey Room” because this is the place where my love affair with Audrey Hepburn will live.

I’m sorry I forgot to take a before shot of this room. But it was just plain white walls with dirt all around the light switches. Eew! I mean when it’s your own funk you can deal with it but when it’s someone else's funk it’s just got to go!

So we painted the room the same color we pained our master bedroom, Gliddon’s Natural Linen in eggshell. {More on the master later when it’s finished.} We also did a cool treatment on 2 walls that I saw on a decorating show years ago. I have done this treatment in the last 2 houses I’ve lived in. We taped off stripes with painters tape and then took non-yellowing Polyurethane and painted every other stripe with the poly. It’s a cool effect that it subtle but dramatic. Here is a picture so you can see what I’m talking about.

First house pics 084 First house pics 087

First house pics 088 First house pics 090

Cool right?! I freaking love it. It shows up better on darker colors but I like the subtleness this color created.

And here is the room once I got it all put together. And I say “I” because I after taping off the walls Griff took off the lake. {It’s OK, he’s been working hard and deserved a break.}

First house pics 091

So that’s it. One room down, about a million to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment