Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heart Shapped Leaves!




Griff asked me what I wanted to do this year for Valentine's Day. Since this day is only a few days before my birthday I usually don't want to do anything big, and this year was no exception. I told him that we should just have a family day with Charley and that I wanted him to recreate the dinner he cooked on our first Valentine's together. This morning we woke up and Griff went to get breakfast taco's and groceries for dinner while I got ready for the day. We then loaded Charley in the car and went to Twin Falls, an awesome hiking trail with plenty of streams for Charley to swim.

She of course wanted nothing to do with anything unless it involved her ball and the water. I mean this girl L-O-V-E-S her some water. She doesn't care if it's cold, just as long as she's swimmin' she's a happy puppy.



I had never been to Twin Falls before today. I have lived in Austin for almost 10 years and I can't believe I haven't been here before. It's beautiful!! With all the rain we have been getting lately we took full advantage of the gorgeous sunny day and the high water made some awesome falls. I mean, look at this! I can't believe this beautiful place is in our backyard.




While walking I found this leaf that is in the shape of a heart. And it just so happens I found it on Valentine's Day. I kept the leaf as I'm sure I'll do something with it, just don't know what that something is yet.



Thank you baby for a wonderful Valentine's Day. It's our first as a married couple and I look forward to MANY more wonderful celebrations with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment