Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crust Less Breakfast Casserole {enough for the whole week!}

Paleo Baby! 017

Full step by step {with pics} below.

So since I told you all about our eating Paleo, {AKA “eating clean”}, I thought I would show you some of the recipes we eat and how easy they are to make. Here is a breakdown of how we make our breakfast for the week.  Everything is pretty much by feel and we make them in all different combinations, so feel free to play around with the ingredients.  I put a * next to the ones we like the best. I make this on Sunday afternoon and it lasts all week with both Griff and I eating it every morning for breakfast. I usually eat this with a small avocado and eat half of it for breakfast and the other have for lunch.

The following veggies I sauté in olive oil or coconut oil until they are browned or soft:

*Diced Onions (thick, not fine)

*Sliced Mushrooms

*Sliced Bell Peppers

*Sliced Hot Pepper {any kind}

The following veggies you can sauté in olive oil or coconut oil just to soften them up:

Sliced or Grated Carrots

*Sliced Squash {yellow or zucchini}

*Fresh Spinach

Fresh Chopped Cauliflower {not our fav}

Fresh Chopped Broccoli

*Chopped/Diced Garlic {the more garlic the better in our opinion!}

The following veggies can be added fresh to the mixture:

Chopped Broccoli {Fresh or Frozen}

Chopped Cauliflower {Fresh or Frozen}

*Steamed Broccoli Chopped

*Steamed Cauliflower Chopped

*Drained Spinach {Frozen}

*Grated Squash {yellow or zucchini}

Grated Carrots

*Chopped Scallions/Green Onions

Meat you can add if you so choose:

Cooked Ground Beef/Turkey/Chicken cooked in olive oil or coconut oil

**Cooked Bacon Crumbled {nitrate free of course!}

**Cooked Ground Sausage {we prefer turkey sausage}

*Cooked Sliced Sausage

Once you’ve figured out what combo of  ingredients you want to use, prepare them and pour them all into an oil sprayed Pyrex dish.   Then pour your egg mixture over the ingredients until the pan is no more than ¾ of the way full (it will rise a little when baking so don’t fill it to the top). 

We buy the pints of liquid egg whites and  just pour 1 and 1/2 pint cartons of liquid egg whites.  You can use cracked eggs if you want, but you will be eating a lot of yolk, so I don’t recommend it. 

Bake it in the oven at 350 for 45-60 minutes.  It really depends on how much you are making on the cook time.  If your making one pan it’s closer to 45 and two could be an hour or more.  Just check it around 45 and see if it looks firm on the top and if it is a little brown.  Once it is done, let it cool for an hour or two and put foil on the top and stick it in the fridge.  It will keep like that for a week and a half without any worries.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Here are the ingredients I used to make ours. Just today actually. {I forgot to take a picture of the eggs with the other ingredients. Can you tell I’m a novice at this? Hahahaha. SHUT UP!}

Paleo Baby! 003Paleo Baby! 008

First I took the sausage out of their casing by squeezing them in the middle. Crumbled it up with a spatula and browned the meat.

Paleo Baby! 004Paleo Baby! 005

One the sausage was done I placed it in an oil sprayed Pyrex dish. Then, using the same pan, I threw in my cut up squash, zucchini, garlic, and roasted tomatoes. And sautéed them up real nice.

Paleo Baby! 007Paleo Baby! 006

Once the veggies were done I spread them on top of the sausage. Then I poured the egg whites in.

Paleo Baby! 009Paleo Baby! 010

Once everything it’s ready to go in the oven it will look like this.

Paleo Baby! 011

In case you don’t know what Coconut Oil is, {cause I didn’t}, it looks like this. And don’t think it’s gonna look like what you think oil should look it. It looks more like lard than oil.

Paleo Baby! 015Paleo Baby! 014

Once it’s all done it looks like this! Delicious!!! I can’t wait till tomorrow morning to eat it! MMMMMMMM……

Paleo Baby! 017Paleo Baby! 018

Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment