Monday, October 24, 2011

Black is Back Baby

Black is back! The back door I mean. If you’ve been looking around blog-land lately, as I have, you might have noticed a lot  of people painting their back doors black. Sense we all know I am the President of PEBA, {Painting Everything Black Anonymous}, I thought I’d give it a try. It’s only paint after all. If I hated it, (haha!), I could paint it back. I must admit, I had a bit of  an “oh shit” moment when Griff walked in and goes “you’re painting the door black?!”, and I said “trust me babe, I got this.” But I really didn’t know if I would like it when I was done. Still I forged ahead and I am so glad I did because I stinkin’ LOVE IT!

Let’s take a look at the back door before her mini makeover shall we?

{Sorry the light is so bad, I swear one day I’ll figure out my camera… or maybe not.}

013014

AND AFTER!!!

019022

I also changed out the discusting brass door knobs. Ugh, brass.  May you die a fiery death.

{I took these pictures when the first coat of black was drying which is why it looks streaky.}

016017

I had a bit of trouble with that dang top lock. For some reason the 2 sides DID NOT want to line up with the screws. I wanted to scream. SKAH-REAM! Griff gave it a go as well and we were both were SO frustrated. Our friend Jake was coming over a couple days after our fight with the brass began to replace and paint some outside trim for us, so we slipped him an extra $20 to make our problem his problem. Thank you Jake!

023

Seriously, this project was so dang easy, {minus the fight with top lock}, and it’s one of my favorites we’ve done to the house so far. Such a small change with big results.

No comments:

Post a Comment